MGA#5 is a Unique SRI Configuration PDF (2.3Mb)
- TCD for 100ppM LOD to (mid) percent
- FID-Methaniser down to low ppM CO/CO2
- S-Cpds requires a FID-FPD (optional)
- HS-D vs may require other HaySep (Q, N, S etc ) columns for limited polar compounds . . . > also try Restek MicroPacked HayeSep columns or PLOT Columns as options
Trace Gas Analysis (low ppB) - a “custom” more specialised App > ASK!
- requires HID ( VICI Valco & a differ GC eg SRI 8610V
“SHINCarbon ST - DOES offer a one-column analysis of O2/N2 CO/CO2
BUT NOT without it’s own idiosynchrasies / problems
eg AR/O2 NO! / C2 max at >300C ?;
O2/N2 requires LDV HID and > 4m Packed Column
ASK for details / advice ! > but these NOT necessarily for SRI GCs /TCD“
Multi-Gas Analysis - NO Simple Answers > many Options > this applies to ALL GCs any brand!
SRI’s MGA#5 is far BETTER Than Most !
- H2 Quantitation requires use of Ar Carrier NOT He
- TCD almost useless requires low Dead-volume VICI HID Detector
- Ar/O2 separation very difficult requirePLOT MS5A Column
some other limitations
- MS5A becomes deactivated if repetiitive runs and with excessive water/CO2 in matrix Gas
> dual Oven 8610D optional (???ASK!)
- S-cpds can deactivate the Methaniser
- excess water / humid samles ( suggest> a Nafion Drier on the sample stream prior to GC )
ASK for some (more) ANSWERS !