Vacuum Filtration is used in . . .
- microbiological and analytical proceedures that involve collecting a particulate ( bacteria, precipitate ) from liquiid suspension.
- pharmaceutical mixtures can be steriilised using 0.45um ( partial ) and 0.22um( 95% effective ) Membrane Filters
Liquid poured into a funnel passes through a filter, which retains the particulate, and filtrate can be collected into a filter flask, directly or via a vacuum manifold. Applying vacuum reduces process time compared to gravity flow.200mmHG or better can be used with heavy duty glass and SS manifold
- but with care ! - limitation is the membrane filter material
- heating solutions can improve filtration speed . . .reduces viscosity
Vacuum Filtration Holders and Manifolds are particular designed for filtering several batches of the same sample at the same time . . . increasing throughput
- each filter holder have individual control valve, one set vacuum pump set can sustain either a single or Multi-branch manifold filter operate together.
- SS Vacuum Filtration Holders and Manifolds can filtrate at 180C temperature
- high-quality extra hard glass is robust and can also be able to bear up 200C
- clamp of aluminum alloy is designed to maintain an airtight seal.
- Type 316L stainless steel is resistant to acids alkalis，and corrosion resistant and, easy to use for high-temperature sterilization, east to clean